Sunday, March 16, 2008

Charlize Theron says she supports Obama

scar winner Charlize Theron will be using her first vote as a U.S. citizen to support presidential hopeful Barack Obama.

The South African-born actress recently became an American and admits she cannot wait to vote.

She tells WENN, "I looked at the candidates when I couldn't vote. I've lived in this country for a long time now and I feel very much at home here, so I definitely have an opinion and I'm definitely watching the race very closely."

"I'm a huge Barack supporter. I like what this guy has to say. I know there's this whole question of his experience, but I think, when you look at all the great leaders that we've had, I'd go with the guy with the least experience but the one that actually wants to cause some real change."

"I think there's something really inspiring and infectious about him. I think this guy's onto something. I like him."
Ben Affleck and wife Jennifer Garner are also going public with their support for Obama by hosting a fundraiser for the Democrat.

Affleck will return home to Boston, Massachusetts with his wife on Sunday to oversee the star-studded, $250-a-head party.

Other big name fans that have already declared their support for Obama include Oprah Winfrey, Jessica Alba and Will Smith.

http://www.koin.com/entertainment/story.aspx?content_id=b1ee6b96-9fb4-4a58-a19d-e1648bb1e490

No comments: